Merodynamic Pools Q&A Pool Blog will empower you with Pointers, Tips, Direction and Knowledge. If you have a question then fill out the form, submit and we may post your relevant pool question. Click on a blog below for more information on that topic.
Health Benefits from Swimming in your New Swimming Pool
Health Benefits from Swimming. Are you suffering from a back injury, a knee injury, arthritis or Chronic pain? Did you know that water exercise therapy and swimming are the most widely used rehabilitation programs subscribed by doctors? Many positive results can be obtained by simply exercising in a swimming pool. Some of these health benefits include strength improvement, weight loss, muscle gain, aerobic cardiovascular improvement that reduces the risk of heart disease and good mental health.Read More
Swimming Pool Safety Tips
Here are some swimming pool safety tips to help you enjoy your swimming pool area. Having safety procedures in place helps you rest assured that your pool will maintain a safe and fun experience at your home. Having them in place greatly lessens the chance of unfortunate occurrences.Read More
How to Open an InGround Swimming Pool for the Summer
We will describe this procedure and give you pointers in our: inground swimming pool opening tips.
1. Drain all water off of your cover. (small cover pump works good, submersible or even syphon the water) and remove all of the leaves and debris with a leaf net before draining, while draining and after draining the water off of your cover. Make sure all debris is removed so there is no chance of it falling in your pool. For a safety…
Swimming Pool Leak Detection? Water loss? How To
Do it yourself swimming pool leak detection. First when performing your own swimming pool leak detection you must enable patience. Water loss in your swimming pool can become frustrating, incur costly water bills and swimming pool leak detection by a pool company is quite expensive. So where do you start? Well first you should know that a pool should lose approximately 1″ a week to the sun from evaporation. About 1/8″ per day. If kids are splashing and swimming all day…Read More
How to Put Vinyl Pool Liner Back in Track, Vinyl Liner out of Track?
Question: My pool liner has fallen out of my liner track. Easiest way to get my pool liner back in the liner track?
How to put vinyl pool liner back in track ? Answer: Merodynamic Pools gets a lot of calls for the answer to this question. Your pool liners track is made from plastic or aluminum or steel (old School). Plastic track usually becomes compromised faster then aluminum because of sunlight and chemicals. Aluminum is compromised…Read More
Do it Yourself Pool Liner? How To Install a Pool Liner? Can I Replace my own Pool Liner?
There is one Simple Answer! Do not attempt this yourself! Please save yourself time and money!
Pool liner Replacements are a trade & art form that should be left to a professional pool liner technician. There is a huge margin for error that can reduce your pool liners life expectancy when your swimming pool liner is not properly and professionally installed. Pool liner replacements should be done by a veteran, seasoned, experienced pool liner installation company with no less than twenty years of on the job experience…Read More
InGround Swimming Pool Installation, How to
Inground Swimming Pool Installation, Georgia’s premier pool company, Merodynamic Pools has over 3 decades of experience building in ground swimming pools. We strongly suggest that homeowners spend the money and have their swimming pool professionally installed. If you don’t install in ground pools daily it is very difficult to understand the proper swimming pool procedures for the projects best results. In comparison to a do-it-yourself job, a seasoned…Read More
How can I get the best life out of my pool liner, Vinyl Pool Liner Care
The best way to extend your swimming pool liner life is to maintain proper water balance and follow proper vinyl pool liner care procedures. When your water is properly balanced, and sanitizing agents (Chlorine, Bromine, Baquacil) are added to control bacteria, viral and contaminants, the result is balanced swimming pool water. Knowledge of pool chemistry is obtainable online or at your local swimming pool supply store. Balancing knowledge backed by the instructions of the chemical manufacturers, is a valuable resource in obtaining a long life for your vinyl pool liner.Read More
Swimming Pool Closing and Winterization
Here are some important things to know about swimming pool closing and winterization for your vinyl liner in ground swimming pool.
- Chemicals in your pool should be balanced and the pool should also be clean to promote your easiest spring opening.
- Blow off your deck so no debris (twigs, acorns, nuts, leaves etc) are left under your cover to decompose or hurt your cover.
- Make sure that your filter drain cap/plug is removed to drain your filter.
- Make sure that your front and rear housing plugs on your pump(s) are removed to drain your pump
- Any inline or online chlorinator drain plugs should be removed to drain.
- Lower your water level below your jets unless you have vinyl oversteps or benches. You don not want them to come unseated. There are valve plugs made for this scenario where water levels shouldn’t be lowered.
- Blow dry your return lines, skimmer lines, automatic cleaner lines.
- Put air pressure through the bottom drain until you see air come out then shut the bottom drain valve off to hold air in the line keeping water below freeze line
- Make sure to turn off all breakers so a timer can not turn your pump on, running it dry and burning it up.
- Cover pool with a safety rated winter pool cover. We suggest using a safety rated pool cover from our company ( www.Merodynamicpools.com/pool-safety-covers ) or ( www.AtlantaPoolSafetyCovers.com )
Thanks again for your patronage to Merodynamic Pools Inc.
We value your business!